Pu-erh the basics
Pu-erh or Pu’er is a variety of fermented and aged dark tea produced in the Yunnan province, China. It is famous for its heath giving benefits. The tea has low caffeine levels along with a rich and unique flavour. Due to the addition of an ancient bacterial culture, which involves adding old ground Pu-erh in the fermentation process along with the perfect ageing in conditions in a cool and dry place. The Chinese believe that Pu-erh has the best health properties compared to other teas.
The Raw Pu-erh tea can assist in the control blood fat as a result it had help aid weight loss and lower blood pressure. The tea also contains polyphemus which kill lactic acid bacteria along with certain types bacteria on the teeth, therefore the certain bacteria and germs are inhibited from living on the gum. The Ripe Pu-erh is know to help with weight loss due to it’s microorganisms. These are said to lessen the absorption in the small intestine of triglyceride and sugar. During the fermentation process, Vitamin C is also increased, this will help the promotion of a good immune system. Due to it’s plentiful microorganism, Ripe Pu-erh is good for the stomach, producing a membrane that covers the wall of the stomach which aids in it’s protection. It’s no surprise why people hold this tea in high regard.
Tips for you to get the most from your Pu-erh tea
- Watch a brewing guide video and pick a method most suitable for you. Puerh tea usually can be brewed by glass teapot, Chinese gaiwan and yixing teapot..
- Using hot water to pre-warm your cup and utensils for brewing not only clears away impurities that will effect your flavor.
- Rinse your tea leaves beforehand to remove any impurities
- Since Pu-erh tea steeps fast, it is only necessary to steep the first cup for about 15 seconds. Each time you re-brew the leaves, simply add another 15-20 seconds of brewing time.
- The higher grades of Pu-erh tea can be brewed up to ten times.
- Puerh will get a improve and become more mellow taste when it is aged, therefore make sure to store correctly.