Do you still have your Christmas tree hanging around ?
Since the start of time we have been using various plants for medicine, and we all know the healing properties of many teas and infusions. Both spruce and pine needles have a high vitamin content, in particular vitamin C. This tea is perfect for fighting colds and flues during the winter seasons. A warming drink that has the fresh aromas associated with the festive season and winter months.
- Gather and wash your needles.
- Chop the brown ends off and the rest of needles.
- Put the pine or spruce pine in a cup.
- Boil ten ounces of water.
- Pour the hot water over the needles.
- Notice the bright green needles will float.
- By covering the tea you will save all the essential oils.
- Be patient, the tea must brew until all the needles become a dull green and sink. These can after be easily removed with a fork after.
- The tea can be clear, golden or brown.
- Add sweetener of your choice, I recommend honey or lemon but alternatively you can add cream.
- Additionally you can add dried peel or fruit and spices.